- 2 ribeye steaks – 1 inch thick
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Fresh rosemary, to taste
- Start with prime or choice ribeye steaks. I like a 1 to 1 ¼ inch thick steak, approximately 10-12 oz. each. You can’t go wrong with Costco meat if you don’t have a local butcher shop nearby.
- Pull steaks out of refrigerator and bring up to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Season with Montreal steak seasoning or your favorite steak rub. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary on both sides and Pat into steak.
- Place the steaks on the grill. Close the lid. Cook on the first side for 5minutes. Rotate a quarter turn half the way through if you want these nice, crossed grill marks. Flip and cook until you reach the correct internal temperature for your taste. It takes about 10-11 minutes total time for medium rare.
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes under a light foil tent.
I love serving this with garlic / rosemary mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus, although a nice ribeye will go with just about any sides you want to pair it with.
Pour yourself nice glass of knucklehead and let the magic begin.