VINEYARD NEWS

Project Winery. Somehow I always find myself painting repairing and building this time of year. It makes sense I guess, the vineyard is dormant, and not quite ready to prune. Cover crops are in, and the wines are safely put to bed.

The last couple of weeks we have been giving our tasting room a little facelift. We have updated with a sophisticated new color palate, in an effort to match our marketing efforts and label change of last year. Everyone on the Zenaida crew has been pitching in, from painting and sanding, to cleaning, and reorganizing. On your next visit we hope you will find the changes fresh and enjoyable.

Also happening is a project behind the winery called Project Red. That’s what I call it anyway. After a little holiday break, we broke ground on our new little red barn. We removed my old office and storage and hopefully soon will have a new 3000 sq. ft. barn to help contain the ever spreading equipment needs of the small winery. Not that our beautiful 1978 Visalian doublewide modular home wasn’t appreciated, It was mostly by the multitudes of critters that called it home, including Tyler on occasion. I was also feeling a little self conscious of the looks I would get from visitors to my “office”. Some comments include: nice wood paneling, oh, wait, that’s not really wood is it! As well as:”Was that an earthquake! Um… no, come out from under my desk, it was only the spin cycle.” It will be missed, who am I kidding? It won’t be missed. We are looking forward to completion of our barn by the end of February, so peek around back after soaking in the vibe of the new tasting room change. I have plans Included in the new barn for a small space to bang away on my computer and think up new projects.
We are still open every day in spite of all the activity. In the barrel room we have setup a makeshift bar with planks of old barn wood, (recycled from an old barn on site-of course) as well as recycled old wine barrels. It makes for a cozy spot to take in what I think is a fun and romantic tasting experience. Weather permitting, we will have the big doors open, so come right in. Some visitors have said they really enjoyed the temporary digs. It does bring the wines closer, standing among the barrels, sipping and really getting into what Zenaida is all about. I guess it’s what I prefer as well.

Comments